This Library is situated in the city centre on Banda Street next to Jamia Mosque. It was established in 1931 in memory of Lord William Northrup MacMillan by his widow. Lord MacMillan was an American big game hunter in Kenya who owned Ol Donyo Sabuk and the areas surrounding this mountain during the colonial era. The library was initially reserved for use by the European community only, until it was taken over by the Nairobi City Council in 1962 and is now the headquarters of the Nairobi City Library Services.
Services: These include reading facilities, lending of books, Africana section with some rare books, periodicals section with newspapers and journals dating as far back as 1906.
Visited 1057 times, 1 Visit today